Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Juxtaposition




So the top photo is what I see regularly now, and the bottom photo is what I used to see on the horizon. Honestly, I think I like the mountain better.

Here's something I've figured out about Seattle vs. New York (and the photos sort of apply). In Seattle, people will talk about what sort of exciting outdoory, naturey plans they have. "Hey, let's climb a mountain, hike a trail, wrestle a bear!" In New York, people talk about where they are going to eat dinner. "We should go to Trendy Restaurant A, Pizza Shack B, Hot Dog Stand C!" Considering that I live my life wondering where I'm going to get my next meal, NY seems to make sense for me. And I'd like to just now say that I'm really enjoying the New School policy of taking the staff out for training lunches. Granted, today was Thai food, so it's not a perfect system.

Today's "life is like TV" moment is a humbling one. This morning I did my best imitation of the "I've fallen and can't get up lady" in the shower. Yeah, it was ugly. Luckily I didn't break a tooth or twist a boob.

And finally, I'm sad to say that I've got a TV in my apartment. My stuff isn't scheduled to be delivered until July 31st, and I had this noble plan to go TV-less. But no, my office had a lil TV and there were 2 cables in my kitchen cabinet. So I gave into temptation and hooked it up--I'm so weak.

That is certainly enough from me...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, I always wonder where my next meal is coming from too...maybe it is an Italian thing...maybe or rather a Sicilian thing. Hmmmmm

    By the way, did you ever check out my blog?

     
  • At 3:40 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Sisters in the City mission #1 - make you appreciate Thai food. We are going to eat all the peanut sauce your little heart can take...and then I'll eat some more.

    Blogs rule and employment drools, I miss school.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home