Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Musars Take Manhattan




Lizzie Musar has left the city. We had lots of fun. It was tons of fun to carry paint down the stairs into the subway station. Who the hell am I kidding? Lizzie lugged everything. She's a great sister, and not just because she always volunteers to carry the heavy stuff.

We went to see "War of the Worlds," which was officially one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But, I did convince the young woman working the concession counter to sell me a Kids Snack Pack. You see, you need to be 12 or younger to get one, but she seemed amused by my story that I could have had a 12-year-old already sitting in the theater. And when you spend more time talking about the concessions than the film, you know it's a bad movie.

I think I am getting much better at this city thing--at least the getting around part of city living. However, I think it's important that I put this in writing, I WILL NEVER LIKE THE YANKEES!

I'm also getting my bearings about my job. I like the fact that RD training is so early. It'll be good to have time between this and RA training.

I have the feeling tomorrow is going to be very looooooong. So, time to sleep on the big city futon.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    To the many and fortunate readers of Katie's blog -
    This is the most unattractive picture of me ever. Except for the 15 other unattractive pictures of me that Katie took this weekend. Please be aware - the Musar sisters are cute! Not semi-freakish as this picture suggests. My face is not the size of a hothouse watermelon!

    Bored at work and drinking Pomegranate Pear juice...I wish I was as pretentious as my juice, it might make work easier. Yes, I am the EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT , please bow down to me.

    Off to explore the interweb!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    katie, you and your sis have to be like one of the cutest things i've seen all day. now i sound like one of those girls that should be screaming and talking in a high pitched voice, but, you really are cute (and i'm definitely not one of those girls)

    i miss you!!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, July 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KATIE MUSAR!!!!! I'm so glad you're adapting to city life. And I'm also very very thrilled you will never like the Yankees. That makes two of us for sure. RD training already? Craziness. So,you're keeping your im screenname? You'll have to aim me next year about canceling monday morning meetings;) I'm just kidding!!!!! I am really going to miss you!
    I love your photos and your sister's comment was hilarious. Can't wait for the next update:)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, that lizzie chick should start a blog! She's funny, that one! :)

     
  • At 2:38 PM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! That Lizzie chick DOES have a blog! But she doens't keep it very up to date. Pity.

    But Ms. Katie, I like yours, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home