Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ow, my ears!

So tonight I saw a preview of the movie "The Island." Here are my observations:
--I've never seen that much stuff blow up, crash, explode, etc, in my entire cinematic life
--Ewan McGregor is a super cutie
--Scarlett Johanson has the amazing ability to keep a french manicure looking new whilst running from an underground human cloning lab and across this fair land of ours
All in all, it was an OK movie. And considering it was free, it was pretty damn good. SO much better than the worst movie ever, "War of the Worlds."

Now I'm watching the TV show called 30 days on F/X done by Morgan Spurlock, the man who brought us "Supersize Me" (which actually made me crave McDonalds). I am fascinated by this show. The premise is that people take on living a life fairly opposite of theirs for 30 days. On tonight's show, a freshman girl's mom is spending 30 days binge drinking as a means of trying to get through to her lush of a daughter. Forty three minutes into the show, Mom has made no impact on lil Suzie Drinksalot.

My knees hurt like a bitch. I've got old man knees. Creak creak

And finally, I'm trying to figure out a way to get to Wilmington, DE this weekend. I might have to resort to the Chinatown bus. Oh boy......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home