Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Living in the Past

right now i am watching the documentary about they might be giants "gigantic"
and i am reminded of what a great band they are
listening to those first three albums take me back to the awkward teen years in towson
(shout out to people who i haven't seen in a dozen years
cathy dover, matt saunders, gary stegman, et al)
i saw TMBG last year in seattle
and it was a damn fine show
and i just missed a show in philly
(not that i could have gotten there
shaking my fist at NYC)

and here's another element of the past that has been pulled into the now
KELLY RONAN!!!
yes, UW's finest will be spending the summer in NYC
as an RA for me
unfortunately, one of my summer RAs had to bail
(due to an amazing internship opportunity)
and i thought, hey! maybe i could get one of my seattle kids out here!
and lo and behold
the planets aligned
and KR will be here starting mid-June!

and now i must fetch my brussel sprouts
as they smell like they are burning

3 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, April 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I have an interview at 7:30 AM(!) with the DC people tomorrow...so I may be on the east coast again, and then I can visit again, with Kelly there! I'm kind of excited now...but I don't have the job yet, so maybe I should hold back on the excitement.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Katie Musar - Mike Doughty is playing Philly on June 15th, then the 9:30 Club on the 16th!! So here's the plan, you get yourself to Philly, I will meet you there and we enjoy the show. Then I let you drive me and my car back to DC, where you will get to see my lovely new apartment and then we can see him again on the 16th. Then we go to CakeLove around the corner for a sub-par cupcake.

    It's perfect! It's a Thursday and a Friday, but Katie I have faith that you can make it work. Anthony and Kelly can come with us...

    PS - your Alaska link is broken. I had to go spend my hundreds of spare dollars on new hair products...

     
  • At 7:15 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Christine said…

    Ahhh. TMBG. You have taken me back to those ...... good old days??? too. And the mention of our old friends reminds me that our 15th year reunion is fast approaching.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home