Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Irie!

Last night I participated in the NYC tradition of drunk karaoke. And when I say participate, I mean sat there, laughing my ass off while coworkers I barely knew belted out tunes. That's the reason why I woke up with the song "Secret Lovers" stuck in my head.

So I just purchased my first Chinatown bus ticket to the popular summer destination, Wilmington DE. I look forward to a weekend of famous recipes and possibly a dip in the pool.

If you ever want to see music videos on MTV, may I suggest tuning in during the morning? I just saw this video by this kid Nick Cannon called "Can I Live" all about how his mama went to have an abortion and then changed her mind. Then they show all this little cherubs singing wearing white t-shirts saying "Can I Live," a la Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go." Can you say "emotionally manipulative?" And since I am such a nice liberal young lady, I'm all for this man's right to sing what he wants to sing. But come on now! When the hell is Kelly Clarkson going to come out with her pro-choice single?? I think we need it now more than ever!

Must go to work. Many, many papers to purge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home