Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Monday, June 26, 2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i am the type of person that has to warm up to mornings
i get up and then have to watch at least 45 minutes of mindless morning tv
and you see, this is where "who's the boss?" fit nicely into my plans
i could take a shower
sit on the sofa
and flip around watching some morning news (rarely the Today Show--boo Katie Couric)
and the adventures of tony danza
it's embarrassing but i know i've seen at least every episode at least 3 times
but there's something about it
a nice, easy way to ease into my morning
so i settle down on the futon this morning
flip to channel 9
and lo and behold
one of those evil courtroom shows was on!!!

and there is a mosquito dive bombing me right now
i look like king kong on top of the empire state building
flailing my arms

but here are some good things
i'm going to have pizza in brooklyn this week
this is the last full week i'm in the office
(gooooooo Alaska!)

and now it's time for toast...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Yay for two Musar posts in one day! Yay!

    I feel your pain with the morning TV. How I wish that they would replace Mama's Family with Dawson's Creek or The Facts of Life at 7 am. I miss when the USA network had a solid block of 80's sitcom entertainment every morning from 7 am to 1 pm. Just the 10 of Us - that was a great show! Bring back My Two Dads, I say!!

    I was up for work at 6:21 am because I now leave for work at 6:30 am as my schedule is now all thrown off because of my Spanish class that I'm taking twice a week. Ole!

    Didn't really matter what time I left this morning, though. I sat on the blue line for 45 minutes instead of the standard 7 minutes. The rain is really mucking everything up.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Also, thank you very much for teaching me how to count to ten in Spanish when I was little. I'm sure that boost will have me starting at the head of the class tonight.

    Head of the Class! That was a good one, too!!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Lizzie said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I gotta go to traffic court now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home