Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thirty F'in Two

ok, it's my birthday
more on that in a sec

i just woke up
and i'm bummed b/c i missed charlie gibson's
last day on good morning america
i really like charlie
(but not enough to watch him on the evening news)
right now he's giving a little good bye speech
i think i started liking charlie when i saw he was
a baltimore orioles fan
go o's!!!
aww, he's getting choked up
he's the anti-katie couric

so yes, today is my birthday
and exactly 10 years later
one miss kelly ronan came into to the world
we will celebrate tonight with brooklyn pizza

and now i am going to go get dressed
and since it's my birthday
i'm going to wear my favorite green pants!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remembered--tuned in just to see if you'd written anything lately. Have a great time in AK--work your fingers and butt to the bones--take fantastic pictures--have a wonderful birthday.

    Love,
    Prude

     
  • At 10:07 AM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Katie,

    You're not THAT old!
    See you when you get back from Alaska - unless you like it so much that you stay. Somehow I just don't see you living in an igloo, eating whale blubber casseroles.
    Look for a card in the mail - with a little donation.

    Love,

    Aunt Ann

     
  • At 12:01 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    Happy birthday!

    I remembered, and I came to your blog to comment accordingly, but then I saw you posted about it, so I won't get any credit for having remembered. Darn.

    When is the last day to contribute to your Alaska trip? Since we were buying a house, we've been watching every penny, but now that we've settled on the house, we can donate to your worthy cause.

    In any case, have a great birthday. 32 is not old, but it does feel that way sometimes. You have this odd realization that you've accumulated an awful lot of years as an ADULT. Ick. I suppose it only gets worse. Still, aging is definitely better than the alternative.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JESUS CHRIST!!! SHARE THE BIRTHDAY!!! That doesn't make sense, but I thought it was funny anyway. I hope you and Kelly have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing you guys very much! I need to go take off my contacts or something b/c my vision is very messed up right now. mJust thought you'd like to know. Alright, off to the bathroom...

     
  • At 7:21 PM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I may not get to Sweat & the City very much, but when I do, it sure is entertaining. Thanks for the hospitality, Katie. Happy Birthday and since it's already 7:15pm, when are we exactly going to Brooklyn pizza????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home