Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Monday, July 25, 2005

So Much to Say

I'm not normally one to quote Dave Matthews, but it seems fitting today.
So here's what's been happening.

--I took my first (and possibly) last Chinatown bus. On this trip, I lost my personal cell phone. So, if I ever
had your phone number, you're gonna wanna e-mail me
--I ate blueberry buckle and peach kuchen (forever now known as cooter) at the mini-Powers reunion at the Matthews homestead.
--I bought a purse. Ok, it's really like a big shoulder bag, but really, who have I become???
--Today I saw a cop in the Union Square subway station with what looked to be an automatic rifle. Good times
--I now own 36 English muffins.
--My feet are the dirtiest they have ever been. My dirty hippie soul is now matched by my outsides.
--I saw my first "famous" person in the city. Remember the aunts from "Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch?" I saw the pudgier one, who is no longer pudgy.
--I have officially become addicted to iced hazelnut coffee. I lived in Seattle for a year and never got hooked on the stuff, but now I need a fix at regular intervals.

And this next part is worth more than a bullet. Tomorrow BK and I are going to see Mike Doughty. I heart Mike Doughty. Of course, it's gonna be 2 degrees cooler than the 7th level of hell tomorrow, so that trip into Hoboken should be tons of fun. I'm bringing Snappy, the digital camera, and will be capturing the event. In the next 2 weeks, we've got Ben Folds and Marc Broussard/Glen Phillips shows. Apparently a good chunk of my paycheck will be going towards rock and/or roll. And speaking of paychecks, thanks UW for that last direct deposit--I wasn't expecting that!

Finally, if you have ever read this blog, wouldn't it be fun to leave me a little note?

9 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, July 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!! I don't have a blog, but I read yours anyways. my number is (425) 444-2045. hmmm, nothing else! i miss you!

     
  • At 7:52 AM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    Hey - I just bought a purse, too!! Well, mine is also a shoulder bag, really. I feel like such a girly girl! But I also feel like maybe I'll be able to stop hunting for all my bits and pieces everytime I try to leave the house. :)

    Plus, you've inspired me -- I started a blog, too. :)

    love,

    your former Towson buddy and singing partner ("the stars at night...are big and bright...."

     
  • At 8:15 AM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wait, Katie. I know you'll see policemen with machine guns outside the Federal Reserve across the street from your new building before long.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Musar girls are comment sluts. Lizzie is always begging for them too, though she never leaves ME comments. Whatev. Anyway, she sent me your site, so I'm reading your blog. Hi!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Hello all of Katie's friends! It was recently brought to my attention that Annonymous had requested in a comment that I update my blog. Well, I have! Feel free to waste some more time over there, kids!

    On a side note, I'd just like to commend Katie and her blog for their ability to bring people together. Hello Jenny! Hello Becky! Oh, connection in this internet age.

    Going back to do work now.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The fatter aunt's name is Caroline Rhea. She is actually quite famous and a comedian. She had her own show for a while after Rosie got cancelled.

    -Sarah A.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, July 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, okay. I'll succumb to the peer pressure from other commenters and the begging from KT. It's very nice to read your blog each day - always such a hoot. Hey, maybe I should start a blog. I could call it "The Pink Notebook" hee hee

    CS

     
  • At 12:18 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger IronMo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger IronMo said…

    Holy Hell...you got a PURSE?!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home