Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Sound of Victory in the 'Bokie



Behold, a craptacular picture of the Mike Doughty show, and one of me posing with the setlist I snagged from the stage. The picture quality is in direct contrast to the sheer awesomeness of the show. It was a great show--Mike looked like he was really enjoying himself up there. I've seen him over 20 times, and I don't ever remember seeing him have that much fun on stage. He's got a band (bass, drums, keyboard) and it looks like he's loving it. He actually came from behind the mike and did little dances, freestylin' and then some samplin'. It's a damn shame I couldn't make it to tonight's show. Duty, I shake my fist at you!

I made some show friends. No wonder people don't believe me when I say I'm shy, what with me going up to people and just starting conversations. So far, I'm finding these New Yorkers aren't as aloof as people make them out to be.

And may I just say that my order of 2 boxes of firecracker popsicles was damn fine thinking considering Heat Wave '05?

And one more and. Thanks for the comments--keep up the good work!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:37 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger BK said…

    I know I should be honoured (getting myself in a London state of mind) and humbled that I was mentioned in the previous entry, but can't I get a little pub in this one?

    After all, who figured out you had your camera battery in wrong? If not for my advanced arrow-reading skills, you never would have been able to take that craptacular pic of Mike!

    ;-)

     
  • At 12:22 AM, July 28, 2005, Blogger BK said…

    And let's not forget the act that went overboard with samples well before Mike Doughty...yup, TMC + The New Generation!

     
  • At 12:38 AM, July 28, 2005, Blogger BK said…

    I'm totally monopolizing the comments here, but without my car, I have nothing else to do.

    Anyhoo...all this chatter from you about comments on YOUR blog has me wondering where your comments are on MY blog.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    You? Shy?

    Hrmph. I don't think so.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home