Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Insert Funny Title Here

so today i came out of the subway at my regular stop
right outside of the world trade center
and when i get to the top of the stairs
all i see lining both sides of the street
are cop cars will their lights flashing
not so comforting
my first thought was
"damn, i'm glad i got off the subway"
never did find out what the issue was

so RA training starts tomorrow
guess who isn't prepared?
yep, that'd be me
but i will say i've managed to rid my apt
of all the boxes
AND i've managed to stash about 20
behind my wardrobe
i've gotten very creative in this new place

what else exciting?
oh yes!
my lunch with the fabulous italians and erica
well, now i have a free place to stay if i ever go visit milan
and i had the best chicken caesar salad of my life

i saw neil this weekend
now that the BFFs live in the same town
it's still ridiculously difficult to get together
which will not be the case after hell month passes

mouse update
there is no mouse
at least, not that i've seen again

and on that note
off to dinner

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM, August 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The cops do practice drills here where they see how long it takes them to get to a spot and line the cars up and down the street -- you'll see them doing it all over town. It's so they'll be ready should anything really happen. I bet it was only a drill.

     
  • At 1:11 AM, August 18, 2005, Blogger Dunbar said…

    Glad I found your blog from the Kelly Ronnizle, I know you missed me and all. Anyways I love the epic poem style it says "i'm creative yet classically simple" hope hell month is going well, sounds like marine corps training or something, just wanted to say that I (we) miss you and the humor that you definately have in this entry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home