Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Neglect...

Yeah, I've gotten bad about updating this thing
and it's only going to get worse
all the Res Life people out there know that August
is our busiest time of the year
my new RAs will be back in a week
my building is in a state of chaos
but damn, i'm trying!

so here's what's been happening
i've been to 2 shows in the past 4 days
last thursday went to see ben folds in brooklyn
hipsters galore!
so many vintage t-s and funky framed glasses
ben was great, but the poor guy had laryingitis (sp?)
tonight was glen phillips and marc broussard
this show was great for many different reasons
1) i figured out how to get to the venue
which means i'm learning my way around this city
2) on the way to the show, i saw isaac mizrahi walking down the street
3) at the show, i saw citizen cope hanging out
(probably coming down from his buzz from the february seattle show)
4) i found my new favorite venue, webster hall
it's awesome! not too big, not too small
nice air-conditioned food shack downstairs
i will say the $5 bottle of water blows
but you can't have everything
BK has been my concert companion this past month
he's indulged all my wandering around the venues
complaining about the people around me
etc etc

WAIT, something bizarre happened at today's show
2 girls who were undergrads at rider when i was an RD
spotted me in the crowd and said hi
it wasn't really bizarre, just surprising

my apt is slowly coming together
i've assembled my computer desk (with only a few extra screws left over)
and a cabinet unit
absolutely no luck with the tv stand and coffee table

and ending this entry on a totally positive note
i've found true love...
my new electric broom
i push it and it sweeps stuff into its own bin
i've never felt like this before

5 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger IronMo said…

    laryngitis

    oh katie, I've missed you so!

     
  • At 3:34 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Katie, what about the broom that we bought when I came to visit you? Remember, that broom that I carried all over concrete creation with those gallons of paint? That broom that I probably hit people with? That was a broom of sisterly bonding!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Britt said…

    Katie- The Blog war is on. just kidding!!! I miss you like no other, my favorite boss (more like a big sister).

    Just so you know I am spreading Mike Doughty to the Czech Republic. I have recommended him to some hot boy Czechs that like American rock but are stuck on REM. You can thank me through ESP.

    I heart you!

    PS I am going to refer to Michael Wallenfells as "Waffles" next year (but he doesn't know it yet!)

     
  • At 1:16 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    Who is isaac mizrahi?!?!?

    :)

     
  • At 3:21 PM, August 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I send love!
    (but strictly platonic...)
    Hope you get the other kind too!
    -matt-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home