Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Good vs. evil

Good
--reruns of the reality show "The Restaurant." It's embarrassing how much I enjoy this show, watching the famed chef Rocco Dispirito lose his mind as his restaurant flounders. I believe Lizzie Musar and I spent Christmas 2003 watching a marathon of this show, perhaps as a tribute to our Italian roots. And lest we not forget, we spent Christmas 2004 watching "I Love the 80s" But, we also make time for reading the great novels, engaging in spirited debate, and painting abstract masterpieces.
--having a lime green living room wall, pictures of which are forthcoming. SO much better than the pumpkin monstrosity that covered the 3 walls when i moved in
--peanut butter sandwiches on pepperidge farm white bread--i have an addiction
--free ticket to Avenue Q last night! Woo hoo for Ellen my kickass RA who organized the event!

Evil
--the nonexistence of fresh air in my apt. Good bless Lander for its screened balcony door and delightful breeze. I don't even have screens on my windows in NYC. And here's why: apparently a resident installed her own portable screen in her window on the 12th floor. One day a guy is walking by the building and BAM, the screen falls on his head. Hence, no screens in the windows. One question: how the hell did the fly get in my apartment?
--putting a futon cover on a full size futon mattress by one's lonesome.
--people who don't put their stinky food trash down the cute but leave it on the floor of the trashroom. If I see a mouse, I'm picking it up and throwing it in your apartment.
--Ticketmaster. Anyone who has tried to purchase a ticket to any semipopular act on their horrific website will surely agree with me. And then let's think about the fees and that ironically named "convenience charge," and we can truly say a giant "go to hell!" to the company Eddie Vedder tried in vain to bring down.

And on that note, I'm going to pumice my feet. God, I lead an exciting life!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home