Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sixty down, a hell of a lot more to go

i'm sitting on my sofa, feet up, ice cream on my coffee table
(it's coffee ice cream--alanis style irony)

so here's the skinny
today my KICKASS staff and i had our freshmen move-in
approximately 60 folks moved into the financial district on a thursday
we've got 5 times as many coming this weekend
hell yeah my feet hurt
and it's been an adventure trying to program with NO MONEY
here's the thing, moving 60 people in isn't a lot by any means
but doing it here in NYC is extra special stressful
people coming in all hours
rosters that require rechecking at least 14 times
yet in the long run
all the headache is worth it
when you meet the new students who are excited
some of them are so adorable
it hurts

tomorrow, i get out of town company
the seattle brigade is coming to town
kelly, lee, and nick (bryn's bf) are a'visitin'
luckily, they are smart kids who can entertain themselves
they will have lots of fun sleeping on my floor

and on that note
i'm going to bed

2 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, August 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm gonna second that
    -bryn

     
  • At 4:39 AM, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Katie. Wow, move in is a lot earlier there. Well, I guess move-in is a lot earlier that at UW pretty much anywhere you go. Heh. I had fun being on an EFS floor without being an EFS RA, so thanks for that :). No, really, I got to ease into things much more, and I didn't have to do rounds =D. But anyways, trainings been fun, and move in this coming Thursday and Friday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home