Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Different strokes

So today I went to the bank to close out my Seattle accounts
and as I'm withdrawal the 12 cents from my "savings" account
I hear a transaction going on behind me
there's a young woman talking about transferring funds
$80,000 to be exact
unfortunately i had to get back to work
or else i would have waited outside the bank
clonked her on the head, and snatched her purse
oh well, probably for the best that i didn't

so i've been trolling the blogoverse
or more popularly called the blogosphere
frankly, neither of those names have a good ring
anyway, i'm always amazed by what people write about
i'm truly stuck in the world of the mundane
the daily goings-on (going-ons?) of my everyday life
i don't write about my thougths of local/state/national/global matters
now i'm going to be honest
i generally think i'm a smart cookie
but i gotta admit that when i read what other folks write
i feel woefully uninformed

and now back to my diatribes about bradgelina
just kidding
(would us weekly every use "diatribe?"
i think not!)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    Hooray for the mundane!

    I don't know how people who write political blogs do it -- all that effort to stay on top of stories that are yesterday's news before you blink an eye.

    Your blog is always a fun and interesting read. Don't change a thing!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, September 30, 2005, Blogger that mckim girl said…

    I'm the same way...I have a desire to write about things that are relevant to the world...but my world revolves around me, so I mostly just write about that...

     
  • At 2:05 PM, October 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here is my advice to you... stop reading Lee Dunbar's page and start realizing that the people out here that miss you every second of the day like your blog the way it is. There may be people out there who have spent more time reading the NYTimes, but I bet you could tell them a whole lot more about college students and how to make them better people.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would add more car chases. or penguins. and chocolate raspberry cake. then it will be perfection itself.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    more chicken data, please.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Hmmm, perhaps a little more...cow bell?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home