Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I Just Walked 2 Miles for a Chicken

I found a Pathmark "close" to home
And while it was nice to be in a store that features ghetto white bread
(Pathmark--the grocery store of my college years)
never again will i trek there
you see, it is the most gorgeous day here
mid-70s, sunny, low humidity
so if dragging my groceries home on a day like today was painful
i can't imagine it will be any better in january
so, fresh direct it is

So luckily I got home in time to see the 2nd quarter
of the UW Notre Dame game
I saw UW score!
It is a new year!
Seattle looks absolutely beautiful from Husky Field
(and you can drive to buy a chicken)
I'm watching the game in hopes of seeing people i know
Yet another reason I'm a dork

Lizzie is in DC at the anti-war rally
She should have taken a picture of me to hold up
to show my support
i will sing "fortunate son" once in my apt tonight
as a show of solidarity
that one's for you GW

And speaking of chickens (Texas National Guard indeed!)
i'm going to go find a recipe to make a kickass roasted bird

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, September 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katie, Katie, Katie. Forget walking up to the Pathmark in Manhattan. It's far easier to take the 2/3 to the one at Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn (and it has better prices).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home