Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dreaded reality

ok, i have the weakness of reality shows
as evidenced by the last post about tommy lee
so here's what i've learned

1) i am scared about america's youth
as presented on mtv's "my super sweet 16"
god help me if i stay in the college setting
and these brats cross my path
"i am the prettiest girl, and i deserve this $250,000 party
and oh my god, look, a BMW!"
i just heard my favorite line from a twit of a 15-year-old
"it's like we're celebrities, but not famous"
and seriously, what 16-year-old's parents lets them
pierce their nose or belly button?
the sense of entitlement and lack of authority/rules
is just astounding

2) inxs has a good back catalogue of hits
yeah yeah
i'm one of maybe 16 people watching that show
about them picking their new lead singer
let's chalk that up to the fact that i have
a tv crush on one of the contestants

3) i never want a tattoo as much as when i watch
this show about a tattoo parlor in miami

4) look at items 1-3, you would think
all i do is watch tv
but that's not a true
i just cram a lot of tv into a little time
i'm a master flipper

and on that note
i should go to bed

5 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katie,

    You are such an amazing amalgam of your fossils! I love reading your blog and seeing which side comes out when.

    Love,
    The Prude

     
  • At 10:49 AM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree -- totally.

    Katie -- are you taking your folic acid? And calcium supplements? ...and try to stand up straight (tall and proud).

    You should watch "Dog, The Bounty Hunter" -- it makes my Tuesdays worth living!!

    Love, Mom

     
  • At 4:15 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger that mckim girl said…

    Your sister is a crazy TV flipper, too! It used to drive me nuts when we lived together...

     
  • At 5:21 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, i'm glad i'm not the only who watches all of those shows. You should add "the girls next door" to the list. It's on E and it's about Hugh Hefner's "girlfriends" it's hilarious. But my all time favorite is still my super sweet 16. Enjoy, and have a fun day and if you bump into a kid named Justin Shoji, he's my sister's friend and he goes to the new school. ok, adios.
    bryn

     
  • At 1:00 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Blue Moon Mama said…

    Katie - You know I don't watch TV. But you know what? I love to read about TV. Is that weird or what?

    Thus, I find your comments about your TV-watching thoroughly entertaining, and a welcome break from katrina, katrina, roberts, katrina, katrina, iraq, katrina, katrina....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home