Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another taboo

I'm blogging at work
but i swear
this will take less than 2 minutes
some people take smoke breaks
i'm taking a blog break

so i'm sill in a city funk
but the weather is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
that helps things
it's finally fall
about damn time

i returned from jersey
with an increased appreciation for the 'burbs
specifically, the quiet of a housing development
(as i write this
a dump truck is doing its thing in front of my office)
i came home with 48 english muffins
because i am now super thrifty
and they were on sale
this living life on a budget blows
as i have discovered i really like buying stuff
not big stuff, like cars or sacks of blow
but things like diet coke and magazines
however, the payment of no debt will be worth it

and on that note
i'm going to make some spreadsheets
ah, spreadsheets
i love my life

4 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger BK said…

    ...and don't forget your chicken gyro from Zorba's in Princeton!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Katie,

    I want you to know that whatever happens in that damn city, you are still the RD of my heart. I'll never forget those moments we shared in the Lander Advisory Office, when you tried to sell me your car, when you told me I was dressed to kill, and when I hit on you. Thanks for being great.

    Sam Al-Khoury (Gavin's Roommate?)
    Lander 761

     
  • At 3:02 AM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Katie!!! So I must ask...cars? Did you get a new one? Sacks of blow? Explain to me the latter if you dare...:)

    Yours Truly,
    Sarah!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Christine said…

    I was hoping that since you sent a comment to my blog that you had put a new post up on yours. You always make me laugh. Ah well - you must be having a busy week and a half.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home