Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Jamtastic

so of course this post will start off
with a reflection on reality tv
now i'm watching "the amazing race"
and the folks are driving to DC down 95
and there's a sign for 695 Towson
woo hoo!!
but i am truly scared for america
as people in this show didn't know if pennsylvania was a state
(and that was a freakin' mother)
and her teenage daughter thought DC was in Washington state
well, there's a convincing argument for nature/nuture
and the sterotypical "eye-talian" family from the garden state
give new jersey a bad name

this weekend i rocked the heck out
on sunday neil and i saw the happiest (and largest) band in america
the polyphonic spree
followed by beck
then monday brought erica and i to philly
to see my former seattle neighbors pearl jam
(terribly overpriced evil ebay seller tickets)
it was a great show
very loud and very rocking
ah eddie vedder, a very drunk, but very earnest frontman
everytime i go to a rock show
i think "i'm getting to damn old for this"
but not really, i'm young at heart

and thanks to everyone for their confirmation
that the mundane is sometimes a welcome relief
first stop, a blog
next stop, one of those VH1 clip shows!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, October 05, 2005, Blogger BK said…

    Hey, I like your blog and added it to my bookmarks. I have a similar blog about the mundane that pretty much
    talks about mundane-related stuff and all.

    (Sorry...that was inspired by all the spam comments in the previous post.)

    By the way, I see Rider still has you listed in Seattle. Since you have closed all your Seattle accounts, I think it's time to cut the final tie and update that Rider database so you can receive your latest copy of the Approximately Autumn 2005 alumni magazine.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    So John Mayer's rocking the curly girl look now? I think that means I need a hair cut.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Christine said…

    Ahhh - 695 Towson. I miss that sign. BTW I have a blog now - check it out! I think you'll like the title :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home