Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm a Winner...

yep, i won 2 tix to see ben folds at radio city music hall
and i get to meet him
(of course, i have no desire to meet him
i don't like to meet people i like
don't want to make a fool of myself)
anyway, here's why i won, i'm sure of it
because BK already bought tickets
but still, it's nice to be a winner
i guess i should have bought more powerball tickets

i just got confirmation that thanksgiving will be in delaware
aunt ann and uncle pete are the only redeeming parts
of that dreary, toll-infested state

so last weekend was a live music fiesta
and i almost got my ass kicked
two mike doughty shows
one in towson
(which is digitally reproduced here)
and one in NYC
with becky, and sarah, and shimpy, and lizzie, and bk
and a very annoying man where a hat
who doesn't like it when someone tries to steal said hat
anyway, the shows were good
but too damn short
not enough banter, and way too scripted
i prefer the MD of the dive bar by monmouth
ah, the good old days

tonight i am going to activist training for planned parenthood
i wonder what i will learn
perhaps some good chants
or the best way to hold my body when the
cops try to drag me off from a protest!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woo! Congrats!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ben Folds? KT be glad to meet him! I'm sure he is the love of your life and you'll make a positive unforgettable impression! Remember, you're the musar and we ALL love and adore YOU!!!

     
  • At 9:35 PM, November 01, 2005, Blogger Tracey said…

    I might as well leave a message for you too. I already read BK's post on the sweet tickets you have there. Come read my blog and tell me what you think of my Ben Folds story. It's driving me nuts about the DVD.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home