Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

yes yes
it's been awhile
i just love kelly ronan for alerting me to that fact
my west coast fan club!

so what's up with the subject line?
well, my lovely RAs made a huge thanksgiving dinner
for the lucky residents of william st
it was quite the shindig
i came home to my apt to the smell of roasted turkey
which unfortunately begat an oven full of poultry grease
i tried to clean it yesterday via the self cleaning mechanism
but after 30 minutes and an apt full of smoke
requiring me to disconnect my smoke detector
(bad RD!)
i called it quits
after a whole can of easy off
and yet another round with the self-cleaning cycle
(the smoke stopped pouring out after 30 minutes)
i might be able to cook an ellios pizza
damn, that was a long explanation

i had a most delightful lil vacation away from NYC
i spent a super tasty thanskgiving and days following in delaware
with wonderful hosts, aunt ann and uncle pete
(and lexi and cocoa, the nonwonder dogs)
i got a new fun pair of sneakers
(thanks aunt ann! a great festivus gift)
i ate turkey and famous potatoes
i saw the rider men's b-ball team get their first win
i had a delicious bossio's chicken salad sandwich
and i saw rent for the 2nd time
and WAIT!!!
i forgot the best part
i was proven the SMARTEST MUSAR
when i beat lizzie in a trivial pursuit challenge
SMARTEST MUSAR!!!

and when i returned home from NJ
i found that a wee mouse feasted
on a loaf of bread i had on my counter
(in a plastic bag, mind you)
so last night i searched for kitties online
yeah yeah, i'm not allowed to have a kitty
but if i get another unwelcomed visitor
my professional ethics may be challenged

ok, that's it for now
and can you believe december is in 2 days?
yeah, me neither

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Ok, you kicked my Musar intellect square in the seat. I was humbled by your superiority. BUT I maintain that I was simply having an off night - after all, I did beat you in the original Musar Sister Trivial Pursuit Challenge that you have magically forgotten.

    Two out of three?

     
  • At 9:10 AM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am surprised that Lizzie did not bring up the fact that earlier in the day your "team" was smoked in the Taboo/Password/Charades tournament. Or can we pin that on some of the weaker and less motivated members?

    AnTann

     

Post a Comment

<< Home