Sweat & (Outside of) the City

The ultimate car driver has RETURNED from the big city to a delightful land where she can tool around in Flanders, the 2004 Civic. That's right, I'm on Long Island.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jinx!

yeah
i totally jinxed myself with that last post
about how i'm getting my finances in order
because yesterday, as i'm trudging through the mess of slush
i dropped my ipod onto the sidewalk in a puddle
and thus, snowball 2 is dead
i pried the cover off
i wiggled the hard drive
i smacked it with my hand
and against tables, counters
but alas, dead as a doornail

on a much happier note
i went to see INXS last night at lincoln center
it was a great show
all the hits i wanted
and the new songs were pretty good
good lord, the new lead singer (jd fortune) is so damn sexy
(a word i rarely throw around, but it is warranted)
i was standing at the stage
surrounded by women batting their eyes and boobs
what was really great about this show
was how much fun JD was having
and when the band left for their encore
he just stood there taking in the whole thing
having lincoln center on their feet screaming for him
he looked like a little kid, wide-eyed amazement

ok, clarification
I AM NOT MOVING
but i will say, without a doubt
i am moving next summer
bye bye NYC

and finally
please take note of the new link on the side
mr. matt kingston, former william st rhd
and my savior when it comes to my sanity
is on now included for your clicking pleasure
he's been doing this blogging thing fo'ever
he is a true first adopter!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, February 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woot! Thanks for the sidebar link :)

    Sorry to hear about your iPod. These puddles suck... I crossed 5th Ave three times walking from 15th to 8th Street today, just to avoid impassable puddles.

     
  • At 2:13 AM, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my iPOd died, today!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katie, Congratulations on following thru with your dream of going to AK with Habitat--I'm proud of you and happy for you. Have a wonderful time & work your fingers to the bone. This is the kind of thing I always wanted to do and never did. Keep on doing these things.

    Love,
    Prude

     

Post a Comment

<< Home